Friday, July 24, 2009

Yuuuummmm.....


The link is working now! Sorry about that...go check out the scones!

It has been blowing and raining and the winter's recession is hitting our household budget.

So what better thing to do this Sunday when cafe brunches are out of reach, than to warm up with a delicious batch of freshly made scones, slathered in lashings of jam and cream (can you tell my Devonshire roots are showing?)

Now I am the worlds worst baker, but with Janie Olive's Disaster Free Scone Recipe, I assure you I am Queen of the Kitchen; a veritable Domestic Goddess! And you can be too.

Have a deliciously warm and cheap weekend!

4 comments:

TK Roxborogh said...

If I lived in Wellytown, I would do Sunday brunch at your place and we could natter and gossip over great scones and delicious tea. Dunedin's getting too cold for me.....

Vanda Symon said...

Tania, don't be a wuss.

I've trained Mr Nine-year-old to makes the scones and he makes awesome ones. Hard to beat a hot from the oven scone on a cold day.

Mary McCallum said...

Oh yes Fi I've been baking more too - and, ahem, paying a friend's 14 year old to do some for me... she makes the best chocolate peppermint slice. Must get Issy to try the Janie Olive no fail scones... Aren't there scones you can make with beer...?

Fifi Colston said...

Cor Tania- Wellies is a bit nippy noodles too. I would LOVE to do scones and tea with you over gossip. Sounds like perfect a winter writer activity. Vanda you and your early settler hardiness are invited. And Mary, I'll even cook for you- or Mr Nine Year Old could bake for all of us! xxx