Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Happy Hat Box!


Ra whanau ki ahou!




Yes it’s my birthday and to celebrate, I made a hat box birthday cake! This is a great way of catering for the different dietary needs of friends. We have three celiacs in our family, so it’s really vital not to get the cupcakes mixed up! 

Here are the instructions for making this cake- sorry you’ll have to find your own recipes for the edible bits (baking is not my strong point- my son is better at that; I do the art and he does the cooking!)This is a really easy craft but looks so gorgeous! I did one for a friend for her wedding, themed it with sea colours and decorated it with driftwood and paua shell. You'll have loads of crafty fun with this one :)

Here's me making the craft on the Good Morning Show today- complete with a terrible cold (made better by kisses from Brendon Pongia and Matai Smith. Ka pai!

No comments: